Student Writing Competition Inaugurated
For the first time, the International Association of LGBT Judges (IALGJ) and the National LGBT Bar Association are sponsoring a writing competition open to law students who will be attending the 2012 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair.
Students may choose to write about one of these topics:
- Diversity on the Bench
- Judicial Ethics Around LGBT Issues
The IALGJ and the National LGBT Bar Association will award a $1,500 prize for the best entry, as well as two $250 honorable mentions. The winner and honorable mention recipients will also receive complimentary registration to the 2012 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair in Washington, D.C.
This is an exciting opportunity for law students who wish to pursue a career as a member of the United States judiciary.
Timeline for the competition:
- May 20, 2012: Writing submissions due by 5:00 pm ET
- May 27, 2012: Judges will review all writing submissions
- June 22, 2012: Judges will select a winner and two honorable mentions
- August 23-25, 2012: The winner and two honorable mentions will be recognized during the 2012 Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair
Please send submissions to nominations@LGBTbar.org with the subject line “Judges Writing Competition” by May 20, 2012.
If you have any questions regarding the writing competition or 2012 Lavender Law, please direct them to info@LGBTbar.org.