The objectives of the International Association of LGBT Judges are:
- To provide an opportunity for judicial officers to meet and exchange views, and to promote education among its members and among the general public on legal and judicial issues related to the LGBT community.
- To increase the visibility of LGBT judicial officers as role models for other LGBT people, and to bring the prominence of these judicial officers to the attention of the general public.
- To aid in ensuring the equal treatment of all persons who appear in a courtroom, whether as a litigant, attorney, juror, staff person, or in any other capacity.
- To coordinate the sharing of information between LGBT judicial officers and members of the LGBT community, as well as with the wider community.
- To serve as a resource for LGBT persons who are interested in seeking judicial office.